Please use the form below to calculate your Body Mass Index or BMI. BMI is a good way to estimate your overall physical condition, keeping in mind that it is a generic measure and may not apply in certain circumstances, such as extreme muscularity among others. The form below calculates your BMI using your weight (in kilograms) and height (in metres) as inputs.
- To convert your weight from pounds (lbs) to kilograms (kgs), multiply your weight in pounds by 0.45. For example, if you weigh 125 pounds, 125 x 0.45 = 56.25 kilos
- To convert your height from feet and inches into centimetres, multiply your height in feet.inches by 0.3048. For example, if your height is 5 feet 6 inches, 5.6 x 0.3048 = 1.7 metres
- What does your BMI indicate?
- less than 18.5 = Underweight
- 18.5 to 24.9 = Normal
- 25 – 29.9 = Overweight
- 30+ = Obese
- The formula used is (weight in kilos) / (height in metres)2
Tap anywhere outside the text areas to update/calculate.