I have inner peace and silence,
I own complete tranquility,
I approach my day, calm and open.
This affirmation is about the stresses we face each day, which sometimes makes us less than enthusiastic about getting out of bed each morning. There can be many reasons for feeling this way. Perhaps the stresses actually exist, or maybe they only exist in our minds. Maybe what we’re feeling has more to do with our emotions than the actual situation at hand?
Many of us also feel low without any apparent reason at all. And then there are times when the stresses are small and we treat them as far bigger.
All we can do, is to look at every new situation calmly and objectively, treating it as completely new, without any baggage. Baggage can be leftovers from the past when we might have encountered a similar situation, based on current feelings that are less than confident, and more.
Remember, there are always available options. We may not be aware of all our options all the time, but they’re right there and waiting for us to consider them. All we need to do is be in a receptive frame of mind that allows us to recognize their presence.
Repeat this affirmation as many times in a day as you like, taking a minute or so to immerse yourself in it.
It might be a nice idea to try this visualization:
- see yourself bathed in a golden glow, in any position or place of your choosing
- visualize a smooth brow
- imagine your eyes gazing upon the world, looking at everything as a whole and taking it all in and observing, without an interest or focus in any particular aspect or area
- see a smile at the tips of your lips, for the world around you is a pleasing sight and a pleasure to be a part of
- feel your regular, slow, smooth breathing
- observe the beginning of every inhalation and the beginning of every exhalation
- watch closely the silence within you; a complete lack of conclusions, fears, anticipations, co-relations, analysis – just observation of the world around you and experience the outcomes
- take in your environment, the sights, the sounds and the smells
- know that you’re ready to take on the day, treating each new task as a completely new one
- feel that familiar feeling of confidence when you’re about to take on a task that you’re really good at
- know that you will succeed.