As a people, we’ve begun avoiding gluten for a variety of reasons, including wheat allergies, gluten sensitivity, Celiac’s disease and of course, the sagely discourses emanating from that place of lore, WhatsApp University. Regardless of the reasons, some of us want/need to go gluten free as far as possible.
Here’s a list of gluten-free grains and starches. What I’m trying to do here, is to make it easier to plan meals, shopping and nutrition. Toward that end, I’ve tried to include the vernacular names for some items, calories per 100 grams and the primary micro-nutrient(s) contained. Combined, you should be able to make quick and informed decisions on your gluten free meal and nutrition schedule.
If there’s anything else I can include, please comment below and I’ll do my best.
Grains & Starches
The following grains and starches are naturally gluten free. 
- Rice; 130 kc/100g, 28% carbs, 0.4% fibre, 2.7% protein, Vitamin B-6 
- Corn (makki/मक्की); 86 kc/100g, 19% carbs, 2% fibre, 3% protein, (Phosphorous, Pantothenic Acid, Niacin) 
- Soybean; 446 kc/100g, 30% carbs, 9% fibre, 36% protein, (Iron, Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin B-6, Vitamin C) 
- Potato; 77 kc/100g, 17% carbs, 2.2% fibre, 2% protein, (Vitamin C, Vitamin B-6, Magnesium) 
- Kidney Beans (Rajma/राजमा); 127 kc/100g, 23% carbs, 6% fibre, 9% protein, (Iron, Magnesium) 
- Sorghum (Jowar/जोवार); 329 kc / 100g, 72% carbs, 7% fibre, 11% protein, (Manganese, Magnesium, Iron, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9) 
- Quinoa; 120 kc/100g, 21% carbs, 2.8% fibre, 4.4% protein, Iron 
- Millets (includes Bajra/बाजरा); 378 kc / 100g, 73% carbs, 8.5% fibre, 11% protein, (Manganese, Phosphorous, Zinc, Magnesium) 
- Buckwheat groats (Kuttu/कुटटू); 346 kc/100g, 75% carbs, 10% fibre, 12% protein, (Magnesium, Vitamin B-6, Iron) 
- Arrowroot (Ararot/आरारोट); 65 kc/100g, 13% carbs, 1.3% fibre, 4.2% protein, (Vitamin B-6, Iron, Magnesium) 
- Amaranth grain (Seel/Ramdana/Rajgira:सील/रामदाना/राजगिरा); 103 kc/100g, 19% carbs, 2.1% fibre, 3.8% protein, (Magnesium, Iron, Vitamin B-6) 
- Flax seeds; 534 kc/100g, 29% carbs, 27% fibre, 18% protein, (Magnesium, Iron, Vitamin B-6, Calcium) 
- Chia seeds; 486 kc/100g, 42% carbs, 34% fibre, 17% protein, (Magnesium, Calcium, Iron) 
That’s the only category we really need to be concerned about. The following food groups are naturally gluten free 
- Meat and poultry
- Fish and seafood
- Beans, legumes, and nuts
- What can I eat?
- USDA Nutrition Database SR28